CFR's Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 25-30
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from June 25 to June 30, 2022.
Blog Post by Michelle GavinJuly 5, 2022 10:21 am (EST)
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 25 to June 30, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 25: Bandits killed a priest in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 25: Bandits killed eleven farmers in Rabah, Sokoto.
- June 25: Bandits kidnapped seven in Umunneochi, Abia.
- June 25: Bandits kidnapped three in Maru, Zamfara.
- June 25: Gunmen killed two in Enugu South, Enugu.
- June 26: Kidnappers killed a priest and two others while one of the kidnappers was also killed in Etsako West, Edo.
- June 26: Police officers killed one gunman in Ihiala, Anambra.
- June 26: Police officers killed two kidnappers in Idemili North, Anambra.
- June 26: Soldiers killed ten civilians in Yakurr, Cross River.
- June 26: Hunters killed two kidnappers in Okehi, Kogi.
- June 27: Communal violence led to eighteen deaths in Ohaukwu, Ebonyi.
- June 27: Police officers killed two civilians in Ewekoro, Ogun.
- June 28: Nigerian troops killed three Boko Haram militants in Gubio, Borno.
- June 28: Bandits killed two and kidnapped sixteen in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 28: Gunmen killed one police officer in Oyigbo, Rivers.
- June 28: Soldiers killed one bandit in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- June 29: Bandits kidnapped four Chinese nationals and killed thirty-four soldiers, eight police officers, and six civilians while fifty bandits were also killed in Shiroro, Niger State.
- June 29: A cult war resulted in five deaths in Oredo, Edo.
- June 30: A cult war resulted in three deaths in Oredo, Edo.
- June 30: Gunmen killed three police officers in Enugu, Enugu.
- June 30: Herdsmen killed two in Isi-Uzo, Enugu.
- June 30: Police officers killed one Indigenous People of Biafra/Eastern Security Network militant in Ezza North, Ebonyi.
- June 30: Bandits killed twenty and kidnapped twenty-five in Kajuru, Kaduna.