CFR's Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: June 18 - 24, 2022
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from June 18 to June 24, 2022.
Blog Post by Michelle GavinJune 27, 2022 9:45 am (EST)
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 18 to June 24, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 18: Kidnappers abducted three in Akwanga, Nassarawa.
- June 18: Kidnappers abducted two in Toro, Bauchi.
- June 18: Boko Haram killed thirteen in Bama, Borno.
- June 19: Gunmen killed four and abducted forty-four at multiple churches in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- June 19: Kidnappers abducted thirteen in Akoko-Edo, Edo.
- June 19: Gunmen killed two in Yenegoa, Bayelsa.
- June 19: Police officers killed one bandit in Gummi, Zamfara after the bandits had kidnapped two people.
- June 19: Suspected Fulani herdsmen kidnapped six in Udi, Enugu.
- June 19: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped one in Kwali, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- June 20: Herders killed sixteen in Guma, Benue.
- June 20: Bandits killed three and kidnapped one in Batagarawa, Katsina.
- June 20: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- June 21: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Faskari, Katsina.
- June 21: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Bakura, Zamfara.
- June 21: Bandits kidnapped seven in Chikun, Kaduna.
- June 21: Kidnappers abducted seven in Lokoja, Kogi.
- June 21: Gunmen killed three in Sapele, Delta.
- June 21: Police officers killed two bandits in Safana, Katsina.
- June 21: Bandits kidnapped twenty-one in Goronyo, Sokoto.
- June 22: Gunmen kidnapped twenty-two in Abaji, FCT.
- June 22: Police officers killed four bandits in Lere, Kaduna.
- June 22: Bandits kidnapped two and killed one vigilante in Lapai, Niger
- June 23: Gunmen killed two police officers in Guma local government area (LGA) and three others in Ukum LGA in Benue.
- June 23: Police officers killed one bandit in Giwa, Kaduna.
- June 23: Bandits abducted an "unspecified number" (est. at ten) in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina.
- June 24: Bandits killed five vigilantes in Lapai, Niger State.
- June 24: Gunmen bombed a police station, killing one police officer, in Okehi, Kogi.