Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: February 26–March 4, 2022
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from February 26 to March 4, 2022.
Blog Post by Michelle GavinMarch 7, 2022 1:04 pm (EST)
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 26 to March 4, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- February 26: Cultists killed twenty in Akwa North, Anambra.
- February 26: Bandits killed ten and kidnaped fifty-seven in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- February 26: Bandits killed eight and kidnapped three in Lavun, Niger State.
- February 26: Bandits killed ten in Mashegu, Niger State.
- February 26: Bandits killed nine in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- February 26: The Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) killed twenty-four in Biu, Borno.
- February 26: Five were killed during a National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) raid in Lagos Island, Lagos.
- February 27: Bandits kidnapped eight in Igabi, Kaduna.
- February 27: Bandits kidnapped eight from a church in Rafi, Niger State.
- February 27: Gunmen killed three in Aguata, Anambra.
- February 27: Boko Haram/ISWA killed seven in Dmaboa Local Government Area (LGA) while Multnational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram/ISWA militants in Gwoza LGA in Borno.
- February 28: Bandits kidnapped two construction workers in Gurara LGA, killed two in Shiroro LGA, and killed three in Mashegu LGA in Niger State.
- February 28: Communal violence led to two deaths in Gwer East, Benue.
- March 1: Security operatives killed 200 bandits in Mariga, Niger State.
- March 1: Gunmen killed five in Ohafiia, Abia.
- March 1: Cultists killed five in Ado Odo/Ota, Ogun.
- March 1: Security forces killed two bandits in Gurara, Niger State.
- March 2: Gang members killed four in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- March 2: Bandits killed five in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- March 2: A police officer killed six other police officers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- March 2: A gunman killed one police officer in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.