CFR's Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: November 12-18, 2022
This update represents violence in Nigeria and related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger from November 12 to November 18, 2022.
Blog Post by CFR Africa ProgramNovember 21, 2022 12:28 pm (EST)
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 12 to November 18, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- November 12: One soldier, one civilian, and four gunmen were killed during a clash in Aguata, Anambra.
- November 12: Gunmen killed two in Ukum, Benue.
- November 12: Gunmen killed two in Ughelli North, Delta.
- November 13: Bandits killed three civilians and troops killed two of the bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- November 13: The Nigerian Air Force killed three bandits in Igabi, Kaduna.
- November 13: Gunmen killed two police officers in Ideato North, Imo.
- November 14: The Nigerian Air Force killed “several” (est. at ten) bandits in Giwa, Kaduna.
- November 14: Suspected Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members killed four in Oguta, Imo.
- November 14: Nigerian troops killed fourteen Boko Haram militants in Mafa, Borno.
- November 15: Kidnappers abducted nine in Akamkpa, Cross River.
- November 15: Suspected herdsmen killed eleven in Bokkos, Plateau.
- November 15: Boko Haram militants killed fifteen of their own members in Gwoza, Borno.
- November 16: Suspected herdsmen killed one in Bokkos, Plateau.
- November 16: Police officers killed seven bandits in Mariga, Niger State.
- November 17: A soldier killed one NGO worker and one soldier before he was neutralized in Maiduguri, Borno.
- November 17: Kidnappers abducted three in Enugu East, Enugu.
- November 17: Military airstrikes killed sixteen Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- November 17: Bandits abducted forty-four in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- November 18: Gunmen killed two Ebubeagu security operatives in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
- November 18: Gunmen killed two in Oji River Local Government Area (LGA) and two in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu.
- November 18: Kidnappers abducted four in Akamkpa, Cross River.
Donate to support Ujasusi Blog, click photo below